Medicine 2023 | CME, Evaluation, & Certificate of Completion
How to Obtain Certificate of Completion
To obtain your certficate of completion, simply fill out your online evaluation. After clicking "Submit" at the end of your evaluation, you will be redirected to a PDF of the certificate. You can then print out the certificate and fill in your information for your own records.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements of the Washington State Medical Association through the joint providership of Providence Health Care and the Spokane County Medical Society. Providence Health Care is accredited by the WSMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Providence Health Care designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria for up to 7 hours of Category 1 CME credit to satisfy the re-licensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
At the conclusion of this program participants will be able to:
Myra Ahmad, MD: Changing Landscape of Obesity Management
- Overview of FDA-approved obesity medications and emerging treatments.
- Review of 2023 AAP guidelines for obesity.
Molly Dahl, MA, MD: Common Female Pelvic Floor Disorders: Diagnosis, Treatment, and When to Refer
- Review common female pelvic floor disorders (incontinence and prolapse).
- Discuss basic treatment options for pelvic floor disorders.
- Review advanced treatment options and when to refer to urogynecology.
Joanne Stekler, MD: PrEP Update
- Know updates in indications and benefits of SGLT2 inhibitors,
- Know updates in management cardiovascular disease including atrial fibrillation, hypertension, and statin use.
- Know updates in management and tapering of long-term opiates.
Erin M. Bauer, MD: Updates in Rheumatology 2023
- Discuss updates to classification and treatment guidelines for vasculitis, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Review new treatments in rheumatology including in polymyalgia rheumatica, lupus and psoriatic arthritis.
- Understand updates to vaccination guidelines for immunocompromised patients.
Arthi Thirumalai, MBBS: Update on Lipid Management: Guidelines and Treatment
- Review the current landscape and recent advances in management of commonly encountered lipid disorders in clinical practice.
- Highlight ongoing research studies to watch out for, which could change lipid management in the near future.
Henry Mroch, MD, FACP, FASN: An Apple Bark-a-Day, Keeps the CKD/CAD Away
Pharmacy Resident Olivia Hiskey: Naloxone in the Community Setting: Updates and Education on the Newly Approved Over the Counter Opioid Reversal Agent
- Understand the current state of the opioid epidemic in the United States.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages to naloxone’s over the counter approval.
- Know key counseling and education points to provide patients interested in obtaining naloxone.
IM Resident Jacob Straus, DO: Updates on Outpatient Heart Failure Management
- Review the impact of SGLT2 inhibitors on management of patients with various heart failure phenotypes.
- Review evidence-based pharmacologic approach to heart failure beyond ace inhibitors/beta blockers/aldosterone receptor antagonists.